jueves, 4 de julio de 2013

2 weeks in: Leandro Carvalho´s Bum Bum Work out DVD review

Leandro Carvalho´s Bum Bum Work out DVD review : 2 weeks in

Oh my oh my! I have NOT updated, my baaaad. Firist of all, after 25 days, I received my order. Let me tell you, I had never tried this internet distributor before, and it is wonderful. I got my  box with all the materials, in perfect shape, and in not such a long time, considering I am in Mexico and the sender was in Australia. Best part, it was only 19 dollars! Let me point out, one of the DVDs did not work on my playstation, but I didn´t really care, bc they are PC/laptop friendly, and my laptop is big enough for me to watch it in. So, I did not try to test other dvd player options. **I do not want to give the internet distributor name because you could mistankingly think I am trying to give them free advertising. Not the case, I am real! but, if you want to know, PM me.

And now, let me give you a brief synopsis of the goodies the box brought, and the results insofar!

1. "The Box". When I received my package in the mail, I was scared. The box is so small, I did not think all the items could fit. But, yes, they are all in there. There you go, now I avoided you a mini heart attack as you see it for the very first time! hahah.

2. "Contents". You get a 6 day meal plan, a guide for the program (theres 4 variations depending on your bum bum shape), a booklet of diet friendly recipes, an excercise band, a measurment tracking guide (but dont get too excited, it only allows for 2 measurements, before and after the program), a pencil, tape measurer, and your 3 DVDs.

3. "Extras". Items that you will need and are not included:

  1. Yoga Mat. Because sweating whilst laying down on the floor isint higenic, and your knees and shoulders will not appreciate a rough surface.
  2. Face Towel. Because you are going to sweat. Every. Single. Work out.
  3. Ankle weights. The sweet thing about ankle weights is that once your body becomes accostumed (as in, its easy), you can "double up". When you buy them, you will always get a pair, that is how they are sold, at least, in shops (btw, they cost me about 20 dollars). But you only use one at a time, because you always work one side at a time. So, when it becomes too easy, instead of having to buy heavier ones, you can just add the second one to your leg, strap it right above the first one. Rememeber, ankle weights are crucial for amazing results.
My first 2 weeks.
  1. Pictures. I will post them up soon. I will take weekly pictures.
  2. Space. You will NOT need a lot of space. I work out in my bedroom, in the space between my bed and my closet, which forms a small rectangle. 
  3. Difficulty. Its medium. First, the steps are not easy, but they are not complicated either. Only about two of them are a little more intricate, but after the first week, you will have them down. 
  4. Pace. The first week begins a little slower, and without equipment, perfect for you to get to know the moves, and get your body ready for the next level. I thought it was a smooth transition, and very well designed. I was dreading the second week, more intense, and with equipment. However, as much as you sweat, and work it, it is really not that bad. There are not many repetitions for each move, but rather, just enough for it to hurt, and every next move is designed for you to work a new muscle so the one which just hurt, gets a little rest. It is thought out for it to come really easy to your body, while you are still doing tons of work.
  5. Leandro is a charismatic guy, and has the perfect words of encouragement. He does not become annoying at any point. Also, his funny accent will make you laugh, and his big smile is contagious.
  6. Diet. I did not follow the 6 diet plan yet - until next week - but I have followed the regular diet recommendations. I can only say, not only do they work, but they are delicious and you are not deprived. I am eating chocolate and cheese everyday. I had never tried a goat cheese omelette before and now I am hooked, I pair it up with fruit, coffee and a mini croisant every day for breakfast,and  I do not think I have had such a yummy breakfast in my entire life. And, ironically, I am loosing weight while doing it. However, I must say, I always try to save at the supermarket and this week (my first on the diet) it was about 25% higher. It probably was higher because being the 1st week I had to stack my self with certain things, however, I predict it will still be a little higher than my regular diet, but I can tell you, I feel it is totally worth it. I had deprived myself of chocolate, cheese, mango and avocado on every single diet attempt, and now, I repeat, I am losing weight eating all these things. I am elated.
So, I will post pictures in my next post. I will post three sets: day 1, day 7, and day 14. I was very shocked when I saw the comparison between day 1 and day 7, because I could all ready see a difference, mainly, the beginning of a definition of abs. After the FIRST, and thus, MILD, week!!! I am very excited to continue on this journey and see how the miracles continue to happen.

Stay tuned!

Love,

La BumBum

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario